Cheese-Stuffed Taco Burgers
With crowd-pleasing Tex-Mex flavors, these tasty grilled stuffed cheeseburgers feature ooey-gooey Cheddar cheese.
6 oz (170 g)
Black Diamond® Medium Cheddar
1 1/4 lb
lean ground beef
burger buns, split
ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
thinly sliced red onion rounds
- Cut cheese into four 1-inch (2.5 cm) squares, about 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick; set aside.
- Mix together ground beef and taco seasoning. Divide mixture into 4 portions. Roll each portion into ball and press 1 piece of cheese into center of ball; pinch meat together to cover and enclose cheese. Press each ball into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick patty.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill burgers for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until meat is cooked through and instant-read thermometer reaches 160°F when inserted into center of burger. Meanwhile, grill buns for 30 to 60 seconds or until lightly toasted.
- Sandwich lettuce, burger, avocado slices, salsa and red onions in each bun; cap with top half of bun.
- Substitute tomatillo salsa for tomato salsa if desired.
- For a spicy burger, add diced jalapeño. For a mild spice level, remove jalapeño seeds before dicing and adding to beef mixture. For an extra-spicy kick, keep the seeds.
Other recipes you might like
French Onion and Mushroom Soup
A modern-mozza twist on a classic soup.
Ultimate Black Diamond® Cheese Lobster Rolls
A mouth-watering lobster roll topped with cheese that will have your friends coming back for more.