Baked Potato Soup with all the Fixins
Spice up your potato soup with sour cream, bacon, Old Cheddar and green onions!
- In a large pot, on medium high heat, melt the Lactantia® Unsalted Butter.
- Add in the leeks and stir for 2 - 3 minutes, to release juices.
- Add in the potatoes, the chicken stock, water, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer, and cook with the lid off, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and place soup in a blender or food processor to puree it. For extra smoothness pass through a sieve.
- Place soup back in the pot and on medium heat add 1 cup of Black Diamond® Old Cheddar cheese and cook until melted througout.
- Serve each soup in a wide shallow bowl. Garnish the soup in this order: A dollop of sour cream, followed by 1 full Tablespoon of bacon, 1/4 cup of grated Black Diamond® Old Cheddar cheese, and a tsp of green onions.
Other recipes you might like
A mouth-watering lobster roll topped with cheese that will have your friends coming back for more.
Bring out your inner epicure with a gourmet sandwich that is sure to delight.