French Country Omelettes
To make this delicious recipe lactose free just use the ingredient substitutions, suggested below.
- 6 slices of side bacon, chopped
- 2 cups cooked potatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup Lactantia PūrFiltre 2 % Milk or Lactantia Lactose Free 2% Milk
- 2 cups Black Diamond Marble Cheddar or Black Diamond Lactose Free Marble Cheddar, grated, divided.
- Cook bacon in large non-stick frying pan until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tbsp of drippings; set bacon aside.
- Cook and stir potatoes, onion, and garlic in reserved drippings over medium heat until onion is tender and potatoes are browned. Sprinkle with salt.
- Beat together eggs and milk in medium bowl; stir in half the Black Diamond Marble cheese or Black Diamond Lactose Free Marble Cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables in frying pan. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 min or until eggs are almost set.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and reserved bacon.