Cheesy Mexican Quesadilla
Crispy oven baked quesadillas with melt-in-your-mouth Light Marble Cheddar.
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- In a pan, melt 1 Tbsp of Lactantia® Unsalted Butter, and add the red onions to the pan.
- Sautee the onions for a couple of minutes, and add the ground beef. Cook until all pink is gone and beef is cooked through.
- Add the black beans, the green peppers, the taco seasoning and water. Cook for another minute.
- Set mixture aside and mix in the tomatoes.
- Melt remaining 4 Tbsp of Lactantia® Unsalted Butter, and brush the outside of the tortillas.
- Place the tortillas, butter side down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Divide the beef mixture evenly over the 4 tortillas, only placing the filling on one half of the circle.
- Sprinkle divided Black Diamond® Marble Light cheese over the mixture.
- Fold the tortillas in half, press down, and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until browned and melted.
- Remove from oven, and cut into 4 triangles.
- Serve with a ramequin of salsa, and sour cream.
Other recipes you might like
A mouth-watering lobster roll topped with cheese that will have your friends coming back for more.
Bring out your inner epicure with a gourmet sandwich that is sure to delight.