Jalapeno Havarti Cornbread
A scrumptious side dish that turns up the heat!
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Place the duck fat in one 9 x 13 baking dish and place in the oven.
- While the duck fat is melting, in a large bowl mix together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together the Lactantia® 2% milk, eggs and beat together. Add in the jalapeno and 1.5 cups of cheese to the wet mixture.
- When the duck fat is melted and hot, remove from the oven.
- Mix the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a whisk. Make sure it is all mixed together evenly.
- Pour the mixture into the hot baking pan, sprinkle the remaining one cup of Black Diamond® Havarti cheese over top and bake for 20-30 minutes, until the cornbread is cooked through.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and continue baking for 7-10 minutes, until the cornbread is cooked through.
- Let cool and serve with Lactantia® Unsalted butter.
Other recipes you might like
Elevate your Tex-Mex salad with spiced cheese curds! This mixed greens salad is topped with black beans, corn, diced tomato, and Black Diamond® Cheese Curds, sprinkled in Tex-Mex spices and herbs. Yummy!