Cheddar and Asparagus Chicken
Topped with Black Diamond® Medium Cheddar Natural Cheese Slices, this chicken is so tasty; you’ll be grilling all summer long!
- Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grate well.
- Stir together salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and paprika.
- Put chicken breast on a chopping board and, with your hand at on top of it, use a sharp knife to slice into one side of the breast, starting at the thicker end and ending at the thin point. Open out the breast so that it resembles a butterfly.
- Brush oil over outside of chicken and season with spice mix.
- Grill chicken for 6 to 8 minutes on one side or until chicken is grill-marked. Turn chicken breast over and spread with mustard. Arrange asparagus and red onion on top. Grill chicken for another 6 to 8 minutes. Top with cheese slices for the final 2 minutes.
- Use thin to medium spears of asparagus.
- Brush chicken with barbecue sauce during the last few minutes of grilling if desired, before topping with cheese.
Other recipes you might like
Grilled Portobello mushrooms, stuffed with Italian sausage, pesto, and topped with Black Diamond® Old White Cheddar Shredded Cheese, will wow your taste buds.