Cheddar and Asparagus Chicken
Topped with Black Diamond® Medium Cheddar Natural Cheese Slices, this chicken is so tasty; you’ll be grilling all summer long!
- Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grate well.
- Stir together salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and paprika.
- Put chicken breast on a chopping board and, with your hand at on top of it, use a sharp knife to slice into one side of the breast, starting at the thicker end and ending at the thin point. Open out the breast so that it resembles a butterfly.
- Brush oil over outside of chicken and season with spice mix.
- Grill chicken for 6 to 8 minutes on one side or until chicken is grill-marked. Turn chicken breast over and spread with mustard. Arrange asparagus and red onion on top. Grill chicken for another 6 to 8 minutes. Top with cheese slices for the final 2 minutes.
- Use thin to medium spears of asparagus.
- Brush chicken with barbecue sauce during the last few minutes of grilling if desired, before topping with cheese.
Other recipes you might like
A Mexican twist on a Canadian classic! Crispy shoe-string fries with taco-seasoned ground beef topped with nacho cheese sauce, diced tomato, red onion, and Black Diamond® Cheese Curds. So satisfying!
Grilled Portobello mushrooms, stuffed with Italian sausage, pesto, and topped with Black Diamond® Old White Cheddar Shredded Cheese, will wow your taste buds.