Grilled Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Grilled Portobello mushrooms, stuffed with Italian sausage, pesto, and topped with Black Diamond® Old White Cheddar Shredded Cheese, will wow your taste buds.
Black Diamond® Old White Cheddar Shredded Cheese
Italian sausages, casings removed
1/4 cup (60 mL)
prepared basil pesto
large portobello mushrooms (4 inches/10 cm in diameter), stems and gills removed (hint: remove with the tip of a small spoon)
jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced in rings
1/4 cup (60 mL)
thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat one side of grill to medium-high heat, leaving remaining side on low heat; grease grate well.
- Stir together sausage and pesto; stuff evenly into each mushroom. Place mushrooms on grill over medium-high heat; grill for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are grill-marked. Transfer to low-heat side of barbecue; top with cheese and jalapeño slices.
- Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until sausage is cooked through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil before serving.
- Seed jalapeño peppers before slicing to reduce heat if desired.
- Serve with salsa and guacamole.
Other recipes you might like
Easy Skillet Lasagna
Prego and Black Diamond have teamed up to provide you with our simple recipe for Easy Skillet Lasagna. Not only does everything cook in just 30 minutes, but the pairing of Prego Original Pasta Sauce and Black Diamond Pizza & Pasta Mozzarella shredded cheese elevate this weeknight recipe to lasagna perfection.
A Mexican twist on a Canadian classic! Crispy shoe-string fries with taco-seasoned ground beef topped with nacho cheese sauce, diced tomato, red onion, and Black Diamond® Cheese Curds. So satisfying!