Stuffed Pepper with Gouda
Juicy peppers baked with quinoa, pine nuts, fresh basil and creamy Gouda.
1 cup grated
Black Diamond® Gouda
Toasted Pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- In a large baking dish place 1.5 cups of tomato sauce and set aside.
- In a large non-stick pan on medium high heat, heat the olive oil.
- Add the ground beef to the pan, and break apart while browning the meat.
- Once there is no more pink, add in the tomato sauce and cook until all mixed through.
- Add in the quinoa, pine nuts, and dry oregano. Stir together and remove from heat.
- Add in the fresh basil.
- Remove and save the tops of each pepper, then discard the core and seeds.
- Fill the peppers with the quinoa beef mixture and top each one with 1/4 cup of grated Black Diamond® Gouda cheese.
- Place the peppers in the baking dish with their tops nestled gently next to them.
- Cover the baking dish with tin foil, and bake in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil and cook the peppers for another 20 minutes to allow the cheese to brown.
- Serve the peppers with some remaining sauce and the top of the pepper.
Other recipes you might like
Ham, Cheese, and Spinach Strata
This truly is a dish that works for grown-ups and kids alike; a multi-generational crowd pleaser.
Macaroni and Double Cheese
Double cheese means doubly delicious!