Ham, Cheese, and Spinach Strata
- Butter a deep 9x13“ gratin dish.
- In a heavy frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add ham and cook lightly. Remove from heat and add spinach, using tongs to incorporate.
- Mix the Black Diamond® Old Cheddar and Black Diamond® Marble together.
- Spread one-third of the bread in the gratin dish. Top with one-third of the spinach mixture. Sprinkle with one-third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layering, ending with cheese on top.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Dijon, dry mustard, salt, nutmeg, cayenne, and black pepper. Pour evenly over strata. Cover and refrigerate 6-8 hours. Bring to room temperature before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Uncover strata and bake for 50 minutes or until cheese is golden and eggs are set.
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
Other recipes you might like
Topped with Black Diamond® Medium Cheddar Natural Cheese Slices, this chicken is so tasty; you’ll be grilling all summer long!
Grilled Portobello mushrooms, stuffed with Italian sausage, pesto, and topped with Black Diamond® Old White Cheddar Shredded Cheese, will wow your taste buds.