Roasted Cauliflower with 1 Year Old Cheddar Sauce
- 1/4 cup Lactantia salted butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup (100g) Black Diamond Reserve 1 Year Old Aged Cheddar, grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut up into florets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups swiss chard, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Lactantia unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (50g) Black Diamond Reserve 1 Year Old Aged Cheddar, grated
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanche the cauliflower for 2 minutes and place in cold water. Set aside.
- Add the swiss chard to the water, and blanche for 30 seconds and place in a separate bowl of cold water. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pot, heat the 4 Tbsp of Lactantia unsalted butter. Once melted, add the flour and gently cook on medium heat for 30 seconds
- Using a whisk, add in the milk slowly, continuously whisking to avoid lumps.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add in the Black Diamond Reserve 1 Year Old Cheddar cheese. Stir until melted and combined, then add in the oregano and set aside.
- Butter a 9” round baking dish or a 9’’ x 13’’ pyrex dish.
- Mix the cauliflower, swiss chard, cherry tomatoes, and cheese sauce in a bowl, and place in the pyrex dish.
- Melt the 1Tbsp of Lactantia unsalted butter and mix with panko and 1/2 cup of Black Diamond Reserve 1 Year Old Cheddar, grated.
- Sprinkle the panko mixture over the cauliflower mixture and bake in the oven at 375F for 35 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
- For extra crunch, set the broiler on high and place your pyrex dish back in the oven for 3-5 minutes. Pay close attention to not burn the topping