Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Mushrooms, Garlic & Herbs
- 8 slices of egg bread
- 1/3 cup Lactantia salted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme, dried
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 8 Black Diamond Swiss Light Slices
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, then set aside.
- In a skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat, then sauté the parsley, thyme, and garlic for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until tender and golden.
- Turn over 2 slices of bread, buttered side down, and divide mushroom mixture equally. Top with 2 Black Diamond Swiss Light Slices and cover with the remaining slices, buttered side up.
- Heat each sandwich in a nonstick skillet over medium heat or on an electric griddle. Turn once and ensure both sides are toasted and the cheese is melted.