Cheese Sausage Frittata
To make this delicious recipe lactose free just use the ingredient substitutions, suggested below.
- 2 Italian sausages
- 2 tbsp Lactantia unsalted butter or Lactantia Lactose Free Unsalted Butter or Parkay* margarine
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 cup Black Diamond Marble or Black Diamond Lactose Free Marble Cheddar, shredded
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup Lactantia PūrFiltre 2% Milk or ¼ cup Lactantia Lactose Free 2% Milk
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove casings from sausages and cook in skillet, breaking up into small pieces, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove sausage from pan and drain off fat.
- In same skillet melt butter or margarine over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic, zucchini, and red pepper until softened.
- Combine vegetable mixture with sausage and spread in a greased 9” quiche dish or pie plate. Sprinkle with Black Diamond Marble Cheddar or Black Diamond Lactose Free Marble Cheddar.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with cream and seasonings. Pour evenly over filling in pan.
- Bake at for about 25 minutes or until centre is set. Cut in wedges to serve