Cheddar Apple Nut Fritters
To make this delicious recipe lactose free just use the ingredient substitutions, suggested below.
- 4 cups Black Diamond Marble Cheddar or Black Diamond Lactose Free Marble Cheddar, cut into sticks
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 4 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup apple, diced
- ½ cup ice-cold water
- 4 eggs
- Mix flour, corn starch, sesame seeds, nuts, and diced apple. Set aside.
- Mix ice-cold water and eggs. Pour half the water mix into the flour mix and blend thoroughly using a fork to press firmly. Gradually stir in remaining cold water. This is your tempura batter.
- Dip Black Diamond Marble Cheddar or Black Diamond Lactose
Free Marble Cheddar sticks in tempura batter, then drop in deep fryer for 1 minute.