Asiago Cheese Bowl Salad
- 2 slices Thick cut, sourdough bread
- 1 cup Black Diamond Reserve Asiago cheese, grated
- 3 Tbsp Lactantia unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 1/3 cups Black Diamond Reserve Asiago cheese, grated
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a mason jar, mix together all the ingredients for the dressing. Close the jar and give it a vigorous shake. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Spread 1 Tbsp of Lactantia unsalted butter on both sides of the bread.
- Place the cup of Black Diamond Reserve Asiago grated cheese on one slice of bread, and then top with the other slice of bread.
- Melt the remaining Tbsp of Lactantia unsalted butter in a pan, and grill the cheese sandwich on both sides. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes until melted.
- Remove the sandwich from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes, and slice into 16 squares. Set aside.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, place 1/2 the Black Diamond Reserve Asiago grated cheese in 2 circles of 8’’ diameter.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes until melted and slightly crisp.
- Remove the Black Diamond Reserve Asiago cheese from the pan, and lay over an upside down bowl, or large bowl type coffee mug. Let this dry and then remove to be used as a bowl for your salad.
- Repeat with remaining Black Diamond Reserve Asiago cheese.
- In a bowl, mix the romaine lettuce, grated carrots, and blueberries. Toss in dressing and serve in asiago bowls.
- Garnish each salad with 4 mini grilled Black Diamond Reserve Asiago cheese croutons.