Roasted apple and cheese with caramel sauce
To make this delicious recipe lactose free just use the ingredient substitutions, suggested below.
- 1 cup, shredded Black Diamond Old White Cheddar or Black Diamond Lactose Free Old White Cheddar
- 1.5 cups Lactantia 35% Cream or Lactantia Lactose Free Cream 10% Half & Half
- 4, cut in half and cored Baking apples
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Pumpkin spice
- 1/4 cup Apple juice
- 1/2 cup, drained and rinsed Trail mix
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- In a non-stick pan on medium heat, place the sugar and wet with just enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and continue cooking until the sugar turns an amber colour.
- Slowly add in the Lactantia 35% Cream or Lactantia Lactose Free Cream 10% Half & Half while mixing continuously with a whisk.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Set aside.
- In a large baking dish, place the apples cut side up.
- Mix together the brown sugar, pumpkin spice and apple juice. Mix in the trail mix and divide mixture over all the apple halves.
- Top each apple half with the Black Diamond Old White Cheddar cheese or Black Diamond Lactose Free Old Cheddar.
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes.
- Place 2 roasted apples on a plate and serve with caramel sauce.